A trip to Chinatown always means tasty treats! This first-of-its-kind wooden play set was inspired by Honolulu's vibrant Chinatown, which has served as a gateway to the islands and a cultural home for immigrants from China and other Asian countries for over a hundred years. From the clatter of dimsum carts, to the drumbeat of lion dances, Chinatown offers its own special rhythm and buffet of sensory delights!
Crafted from wood sourced from responsibly managed forests, the play set includes:
- mooncake with plumeria design and velcro attachment
- 4-piece gau, a glutinous sweet rice cake thought to bring prosperity in the Lunar New Year
- dan taat (egg tart), a favorite dimsum pastry with Portugeuse roots
- tangerine, considered a good-luck fruit and commonly offered at altars
- red lai see / hong bao (lucky envelope) adorned with guardian lions
- golden storage pouch
As with our other play food sets, we'll pay your Aloha forward by donating 5 meals to the Hawai'i Food Bank for every set purchased.
- Materials: wood, non-toxic paint, felt. Dimensions: 11"x8.5"x2.5"
- Keiki Kaukau has been third-party tested to meet all applicable child safety requirements for kids 3+