Garden Isle Mint is a cooling, calming adaptogenic blend of botanicals! This delicious formula is great for evening relaxation as it soothes after-dinner digestion! It is very calming to the nervous system + respiratory system; as it alleviates: allergies, colds & flu-like symptoms. Increase mental clarity + alkalinity with this soothing garden blend! It makes the best-iced tea ever! Kids love this one!!! Family style zen at its best!
Ingredients: Spearmint, Tulsi, Shiso, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Balm, Anise Hyssop, Peppermint, Artemisia, Tarragon, Pineapple Sage, Stevia
Naikela Botanicals’ superfood tea powders are an effective way to deliver water-soluble nutrients into your body to improve your overall health and wellness. The tea blends are formulated to provide specific lifestyle benefits. Each tea delivers a host of health benefits and can be mixed with water or paired as a complement to various foods. Farmed and harvested on Kauai, these botanicals are Certified Naturally Grown (no pesticides are used during the growing process, non-GMO), hand-harvested, and dried via a solar drying process that maximizes the nutrient content.
Garden Isle Mint
Key Features & Benefits:
· Contains adaptogens and antioxidants*
· Supports nervous system function*
· Promotes healthy immune function*
Garden Isle Mint contains many calming botanicals (shiso, lemon verbena, lemon balm, Artemisia, and pineapple sage) that may help improve nervous system function. More specifically, studies have shown that these ingredients can help with muscle spasms, seizures, muscle recovery from sports, anxiety, and depression. This tea blend also contains powerful antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antiparasitic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory ingredients to help boost overall health and wellness. The tarragon and pineapple sage have blood pressure-lowering properties, and several of the botanicals promote healthy digestion. Additional information about the specific ingredients is detailed below.*
· Spearmint contains phenols and works as an antioxidant. It also has antibacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.*
· Tulsi has adaptogenic properties: it helps the body adapt to stress. It also has antibacterial properties. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is used to promote longevity.*
· Shiso (Perilla frutescens) has prokinetic, antispasmodic, and anti-inflammatory effects. Results from a 2014 clinical trial demonstrated that consumption of shiso extract has a positive effect on symptoms of gastrointestinal discomfort, including bloating, gas, rumbling, fullness, and abdominal discomfort.*
· Lemon verbena (Lippia citriodora) has been shown to decrease inflammation in patients who have multiple sclerosis; it has anti-inflammatory properties and also acts as a potent antioxidant. In a laboratory study, it was shown to protect blood cells against oxidative damage. Furthermore, lemon verbena is used in Iranian traditional medicine for seizure disorders, and 2016 study showed that it has anticonvulsant effects. In 2018, a study demonstrating the effects of lemon verbena on sports injury recovery was published; participants who were given lemon verbena had less muscle damage and a faster recovery following exhaustive exercise.*
· Lemon balm contains terpenes and tannins that have antiviral effects; these antiviral effects may help heal cold sores. It also contains eugenol, which can help calm muscle spasms and kill bacteria. Additionally, lemon balm is used to help with insomnia, anxiety, indigestion, gas, and bloating.*
· Anise hyssop is a member of the mint family; it contains limonene, which helps to neutralize stomach acid and promote healthy digestive function.*
· Peppermint has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties; it also has antispasmodic effects, which help calm the gastrointestinal tract. In addition, it has significant antioxidant activity.*
· Artemisia contains flavonoids, essential oils, and artemisinin; it has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for many years. In Western medicine, artemisinin is used in combination therapies for treatment of drug-resistant malaria. Artemisia has even broader antiparasitic potential, and recent studies have revealed its application as an anti-cancer agent. Human and animal studies have also substantiated its use as a potential anti-diabetic therapy. Traditionally, Artemisia is also used to help with painful menstruation, digestive irregularity, asthma, neurologic disorders (e.g., anxiety and epilepsy), and kidney problems, among other conditions.*
· Tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus) is an herb used in cooking and for medicinal purposes; it has been found to have potent anti-cancer effects. A study was conducted on patients who have pre-diabetes; tarragon was shown to lower blood pressure and A1C (a measure of blood sugar level) and raise levels of good cholesterol (HDL).*
· Pineapple sage (Salvia elegans) has been shown to have anti-hypertensive (blood pressure-lowering) effects; additionally, lab studies have demonstrated its use as anti-anxiety and antidepressant.*
· Stevia is a no-calorie sweetener that is beneficial for people who have diabetes, those looking to maintain a healthy weight, and children. It has been used for centuries to help lower blood sugar.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
Aloha Chai, Garden Isle mint, Wahine, NS Punch (Enjoy 1-5+ times a day)
For hot tea (single serving)
Option 1. Add 1/2 tsp of tea powder to 6-12oz hot water, stir in, let steep and enjoy.
Option 2. (Quick option )Add 1/2 tsp of tea powder to 3-6oz boiling water, stir in, add additional 2-6 oz room temp water, enjoy right now!
Option 3. (Latte option) add 6 oz hot water to 1/2 tsp tea powder, stir in, add 2-4 oz of milk or milk substitute to drink, add honey or maple syrup to taste, enjoy!
Note: teas are pleasant tasting not to weak or too strong at ratio from 1/2 tsp per 6-12oz. Personal preference will decide how you choose to brew your naikela tea powder.
For cold tea
Option 1. Add 1/2 tsp tea powder to 6-8 oz of room temp water, stir in, add ice and drink right now!
Option 2. (3 + servings) Add tablespoon tea powder to 32oz mason jar (or other), let sit over night (or for 4 hrs) drink whenever you visit the fridge!
For room temp tea/ supplement
Add 1/2 tsp tea powder to 8-16 oz water, stir in and throw it back.